If you want to have a look at the 20 top entries and their description, it’s here.
Bento&Co contest 2011, the results.
223 entries, France, USA, Germany, Turkey, Switzerland, England, Norway, Marocco, Japan, hours spent on the selection, thousands email sent, coffee and of course bento eaten.
Select the 20 finalists was very hard. These 20 shorlisted had been submitted to public vote via Facebook and mail.
And among the 10 best rated pictures, we chose the final order, with the help of our partners. Seven representatives from seven of our makers made their selection.
Drum roll...not in the order
The 10 finalists, set in order
- Huong. Congratulations ! Huong wins the trip to Kyoto ! An gorgeous bento, a lot of delicacy in the food cutting, great use of colors, perfect use of the box.
- Marie. An amazing tour de force of food cutting for this figurative bento that everybody will remember.
- Tracy. A bento for two with everything you need : rice, meat, freshness, simple and looks good.
- Siti. A kawaii bento with beautiful colors. We can imagine how the kid was happy to eat such a bento for his birthday.
- Céline. Kawaii, pink and looks good. Céline is a talented regular bento contest. First prize in 2012 ?
- Skander. You may find this bento too simple ? Have a closer look at it. Here, it makes us so hungry !
- Rie. The perfect basket. Of course, Japanese, with beautiful colors and a lot of healthy ingredients.
- Jenny. An appetizing bento. Here again, we can feel that Jenny is used to prepare everyday bento, but always beautiful bento !
- Fanny. Her boyfriend love Japan, well he may be very happy. The box is gorgeous and we’d love to taste it !
- Eléonore. A complete lunch, well organised in a round shappe bento. It looks good, and it’s even funny ! Daddy must be proud.