“Summer delight” is the name of my bento for this contest. According to the purpose of this contest, that is searching for new recipe, fast, simple to prepare for lunch box and of course it must taste delicious.
Here are ingredients:
- 70gr fine rice vermicelli (put rice noodle in a deep bowl, pure boiled water in and let 2 minutes. Drain and its ready to serve)
- 70gr beef slice fine in small pieces
- ones garlic clove crushed
- 1tsp of fresh root ginger grated
- 1tsp of soy sauce
- 1tsp of oyster sauce
- 1tsp of sesame oil
- a pinch of black pepper powder
- a pinch of salt
- one small carrot, cut into fine matchsticks
- small piece of pine-apple, cut into fine matchsticks
- 2tsp of lime juice
- ½ heart of lettuce, slice into thin shreds
- one charlotte medium size, slice in to fine rings
- 2tbsp chopped fresh coriander and menthe
- unsalted grilled peanut : crushed
Mix fine sliced beef with ginger, salt, soya sauce, oyster sauce, black pepper powder and let marinade for 15 minutes. While slice carrot then mix them with lime juice, keep aside. Slice lettuce and pine-apple into long thin pieces.
Heat the sesame oil in a frying pan; fire at hight level, out the garlic on then the marinated beef , stir for 2-3 minutes. Keep aside ready for serve.
Heat oil for deep frying and fry the charlotte ring until honey color. Drain on kitchen paper.
For the sauce, mix well these below ingredients
- 40ml water
- 4tsps of fish-sauce (nuoc mam)
- 5tsp of sugar
- juice of ½ lime
- 1 garlic clove fine chop
- 1 cayenne chili if you like spicy, seeded and chopped
I’ve just received my first new brand Ikebana Circle Bento box from CasaBento and I love it. I am honor to present it for my very first contest. This box fits this dish so well, doesn’t it?
First of all I put a layer of rice noodle on the ground in the box. Then I present lettuce, carrot, pine apple, cooked beef, and rice noodle surrounding as a flower form. Finally I present chopped fresh coriander and menthe in the middle with fried charlotte on top.
Sauce is kept into Mr. Mayo and Ms Tomato. Once you are ready to eat, just pure the sauce and crushed peanut on food and mix them well. Yummy! It is fresh and so tasty for such hot summer weather, believe me! It is worse to try.
The other half is my dessert with fresh strawberry and little crunchy sesame balls are fresh pine-apple cubes coved in a mixture of (corn starch, wheat flour, rice flour, baking powder), then coated with sesame seeds (black and brown). Deep fry in cooking oil until the cover get crispy. It’s very fast to make them and tastes interesting.
This dish is not only easy and fast to prepare, but also handy into a bento box to bring with you to your office or school. The dish is delighted by its own colorful ingredients. Moreover it is well balanced diet. And the most important is that delicious exotic taste. Enjoy!!!